Journey's End : Zom-B Goddess by Darren Shan




It's been an amazing journey through the post zombie Apocalypse with B. This is the twelve and final book in the series, and though I don't  want to give any spoilers away I will take this time to gush about the series overall.

Zom-B is a must for zombie fans. Not only has this entire series delivered the chills and thrills zombie fans crave, but the series has touched on racism, science, war and the environment. 

I love that Shan has unflinchingly explored these themes in books intended for young readers. B has also gone through tremendous personal growth. Yet B still keeps the quirks that make her feel so real in the stories: A smart mouth,  sarcastic  outlook and yet not totally heartless despite losing that organ in the initial pages of the first book.  B is a character that I will not soon forget.

In Goddess we find all the threads from the previous novels coming to a head and B is front in center in the final movements that will decide the fate of the world.

Reaching the ending of a series is always tough. How will things end? Will some one I really care about die? Will I be satisfied or disappointed?

As I kept turning the pages my excitement and dread intensified. I didn't realize how attached I was to B until it looked like there was no way out for her. 

What Shan comes up with is brilliant and satisfying. I loved this book sooo much! I teared up at the end.

Comments

Popular Posts