Read Sherlock: Thoughts on Hound of The Baskervilles








This week we are reading Hound of The Baskervilles. I read this story over the summer so It is fresh in my mind. What I enjoyed most about this story was watching Watson on his own. The reader truly believes he is investigating this solo so it's quite a different pace of story, When Holmes does finally arrive I was so suprised at his ability to disguise himself. The creature was also pretty terifying!


I have to confess however I wasn't a fan of the Sherlock Version of Hound. The whole episode was a little off for me but I have'nt revisited it since I first saw it.



Recently I found this DVD at Barnes & Noble. It contains five episodes of the BBC Sherlock Holmes show filmed between 1965-1968. A lot of the episodes have been lost but the five on this Dvd remain. I really enjoyed this version of Sherlock and Watson. Peter Cushing is a tremendous Holmes and Nigel Stock does a great job as Watson despite having a wide eyed clueless look at times . I will be watching the rest of the Dvd that pairs with the stories we are reading.





Comments

Tif Sweeney said…
I am totally visiting you super late! Yikes!

I am late in getting this one read, but thanks to the readathon this weekend and a couple of extra days off, I am looking forward to catching up! I can't wait! I'm really intrigued by this older version of Sherlock. I want to see if I can get my hands on this!

Popular Posts