24 Hour Readathon Mini-Challenges



Kick AssCharacters 

I chose the character from this series:




Mid Event Survey

1. What are you reading right now?

Calamity by Brandon Sanderson 

2. How many books have you read so far?

73. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?

Calamity 4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?

None!5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?

How many books I finished



#ReadBlock

My number one Read Block  is Netflix!





Top 5 Bookish Childhood Moments

hosted by Readage: Snapshots of a Reading Life
 


1) My Childhood Library

I grew up in New Haven Ct, which is the home of Yale College. I loved my local public library. It had lion statues guarding the opening and a wonderful childrens section in the basement.

2) The Adventures of Robin Hood. My mother read this to me and it has remained one of my favorite stories. I will read any book with a Robin Hood theme attached.

3) Library Saturdays

Going to the library every week was mandatory. I loved it! Within minutes I would have my ten books ( the maximum back then) and would wait on the steps for my sister. My sister was not a reader and so every week there was the battle of wills between her and my mother. We could not leave until my sister picked a book!

4) Archie comics

My father loved comics. When he married my mother he gave them up because my mother thought them childish. However when we came along he was able to introduce us to those spinning racks of 4 color goodness. I think he enjoyed having them in the house. Of course everyone reads Archie comics at some point in their lives.

5) Are you There God, It's Me Margaret

This Judy Blume  book was the bridge between children's books and middle grade. I loved it so much and leaned a lot of things my parents and teachers weren't educating us about. It's actually the only Judy Blume book I've read! 
 

Opening Meme



1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?

Los Angeles California


2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?

Calamity Brandon Sanderson

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?

Apple Pie

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!

I'm a Massage Therapist adnd I love blogging, Yoga and Comic books

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different

Put less Pressure on myself to read a certain amount

Comments

Popular Posts